- This event has passed.
Daylight Savings Time Birdathon – Sunday, March 14th
March 14, 2021
Hello Hartford Audubon Members,
Please join the Hartford Audubon Society on Sunday, March 14th to celebrate the return of daylight savings time with a one-day bird-a-thon.
- Bird by teams (2-4 people) – Teams should have names and are encouraged to “go crazy” with hats, tee-shirts, and decorations! Please send me your team’s picture and information (name, participants) by March 10th if possible.
- Bird in Hartford County from 6 am to 6 pm.
- Every species found is worth one point, and if found at a HAS sanctuary is worth 2 points.
- Prizes and awards will be presented at the member’s meeting in April.
- We ask that each team promptly completes an ebird or paper list for each location visited.
- If you welcome a NEW birder into the team, 10 points will be awarded.
- If you find a rare bird please text or call 860-604-4903 right away so I may share with the rest of the group.
- Please, stay safe while birding and follow COVID-19 protocols: wear your mask, keep appropriate distance, and car pool only with members of your close family.
Send me (Maggie) your results at end of day either by email ( firstname.lastname@example.org) or by text (860-604-4903).