- This event has passed.
March 8, 2020 – Exciting Daylight Savings Birding Challenge!
Sunday, March 8
Please join the Hartford Audubon Society on Sunday, March 8th to celebrate the return of daylight savings time with a one-day bird-a-thon.
* Bird by teams (2-4 people) – Teams should have names and are encouraged to “go crazy” with hats. tee-shirts, and decorations!
* Bird in Hartford County from 6 am to 6 pm
* Every species found is worth one point, and if found on an HAS preserve is worth 2 points
* Prizes, pictures, and awards will be presented at the Pot luck supper.
* Pot luck supper at 6 pm at 400 Kebalo Lane South Windsor (Club House)
* We ask that each team promptly completes an ebird list for each location visited
* 2/3 of the team must see the bird for it to be counted
* If you welcome a NEW birder into the team 10 points will be awarded
You need not be a member of Hartford Audubon to participate – all are welcome to help usher in spring! And then let’s all celebrate together at the pot luck dinner in South Windsor.
Information about the four Hartford Audubon preserves is available on our website at http://www.hartfordaudubon.org/ under Sanctuaries.
Questions and confirmation of participation – please email Maggie Peretto at: email@example.com